Balanced fat detox salad
With the coming of hot weather, fresh, summer-flavored, energizing and nourishing dishes are preferred. The iconic meal that embodies all these characteristics is a “nice big salad.”
In our LipiSALAD detox, we used fresh, wholesome ingredients with interesting nutritional properties. A gluten-free recipe with natural omega-3 content and crunchy monounsaturated and omega-6 content.
NATURALNESS AND NUTRITION BALANCE:
See in detail the main ingredients of our nutri-lipidomics LipiSALAD:
- SARDINES, inexpensive blue fish rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, especially DHA;
- FRESH SPINACH, vegetable with the highest content of ALA, omega-3 linolenic acid. 100 g of spinach contains 60 percent ALA;
- AMARANTHOUS, naturally gluten-free pseudocereal rich in noble proteins with high biological value essential for proper cell building;
- ALMOND, dried fruit whose fat composition is 70% monounsaturated, 19% omega-6, 10% saturated and 1% omega-3;
- TARASSAK, a widespread flower that grows wild, also known as dandelion or wild chicory (given its distinctive bitter taste) with detoxifying and diuretic properties. The dried flowers lend themselves as an ingredient for recipes, infusions, etc.
THE NUTRI-LIPIDOMIC RECIPE:
Ingredients (serves for 2 people):
- 150 gr sardines (canned in olive oil or fresh to marinate*)
- 350 gr fresh spinach
- 140 gr amaranth (or alternatively buckwheat)
- 15 gr flaked almonds
- 8 dried dandelion flowers
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
First cook the amaranth in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. When cooked (read the cooking time on the package), drain and let cool.
Toast the almond slivers in a nonstick skillet (it will only take a few minutes over high heat).
Wash the spinach and dry them, patting them gently with paper towels.
Combine spinach, amaranth and sardines in a large bowl and season with evo oil and a pinch of salt.
Stir everything together and serve.
To complete the dish, add toasted almond slivers and dried dandelion flowers.
*If you want to use fresh sardines: after washing, cleaning (removing head and bone) and drying them, place them open folded in a baking dish arranging them in layers. In a small bowl squeeze 2 lemons – straining the juice with the help of a colander – and add evo oil and a pinch of salt and mix. Between layers, drizzle the sardines with the marinade and, if desired, add a grinding of pepper. Cover the baking dish with foil, making sure all the fish are covered by the liquid, and refrigerate for at least 3 h. Remove from the refrigerator and use the sardines. A tablespoon of the juice can be used as a salad dressing.
- The importance of DHA, omega-3 for all ages: www.lipinutragen.it/en/omega-3-dha/
- How to eat healthy in summer (with the vegetable spaghetti with salmon recipe): www.lipinutragen.it/en/how-to-eat-healthy-in-summer/
More tasty recipes for summer:
Article by the Editorial Group of Lipinutragen
Recipe created by Andreea Popa, Data Entry and Customer Care Account, cooking lover.
The food recommendations in the article are not intended as a substitute for a personalized meal plan and are to be adapted to specific cases.
Photo: 123RF Archivio Fotografico: 198561062 : ©nikolaydonetsk | 86728944 : ©olha
- On 16 June 2023