WHAT IS omega Control
omegaControl is the supplement of the nutraomic® line based on essential fatty acids: alpha-linolenic acid ALA (omega-3) and acid gamma-linolenic GLA (omega-6), from natural sources.
omegaControl has been designed to control the omega-3 and omega-6 metabolic pathways and provide a balanced supply of these molecules essential for the functioning of the body.
omegaControl’s FATTY ACIDS
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), progenitor of the omega-3 family is an essential fatty acid. As essential, it must necessarily be introduced with the diet, because the body is unable to produce it independently. The consumption of foods such as linseed oil (cold pressed), chia seeds, cranberry and walnuts represent the way to introduce it and start the biosynthesis of omega-3 fatty acids, lipid precursors with anti-inflammatory activity.
Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) is a semi-essential fatty acid belonging to the omega-6 family. From GLA, dihomo gamma-linolenic acid (DGLA) precursor of series 1 prostaglandins (PGE1 – anti-inflammatory prostaglandins) is formed by enzymes. In nature there are no available sources of DGLA, therefore only with the integration of GLA can a contribution be made to the presence of this omega-6 fatty acid.
GLA is present only in some plants such as borage and black currant, often used in nutraceuticals.
The biological activity of gamma-linolenic acid is well documented in scientific literature and concerns in particular the hydration and elasticity of the dermis (for more information https://www.lipinutragen.it/en/essential-fatty-acids-for-the-skin/).
THE FORMULATION DESIGNED FOR THE MEMBRANE
omegaControl has been specially formulated so that the fatty acids contained (omega-3 ALA and omega-6 GLA) reach their active site, the cell membrane. In order to cross the gastro-esophageal transit, “remain intact” and position itself in the cell membranes, omegaControl has:
– an antioxidant triad, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Astaxanthin, which protects the active ingredients from free radical attack and peroxidation processes, avoiding their degradation, especially in the event that there are inflammatory processes in place;
– Glycerylphosphorylcholine (L-GPC), a natural source of choline that contributes to normal lipid metabolism by facilitating their incorporation into cell membranes.
WHAT IS omegaControl USEFUL FOR
The omegaControl formulation has a 2: 1 ratio between the two gamma- and alpha-linolenic fatty acids and allows it to meet different needs:
– replacement and formation of cell membranes for all types of tissue
– formation of lipid mediators involved in inflammatory and anti-inflammatory phenomena. The action on both metabolic cascades allows the biological value of gamma linolenic acid to be fully utilized, avoiding the inflammatory <<drift>> caused by its transformation into arachidonic acid.
– modulation of the immune response Through the production of lipid mediators it acts on the modulation of the activities of the cells of the immune system.
– trophism of the skin tissue in terms of hydration and conservation of skin well-being.
Depending on the lifestyle adopted and the conditions of exposure to different agents (smoke, UV rays, drugs) or in the case of an excess of radical stress, the balancing between the two tracks may not be successful. In such circumstances it is recommended to introduce food sources (also in the form of supplements) with the properties described above.
omegaControl comes in packs of 20 soft gel capsules.
For more information contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or comment on the article using the box below.
The information given should in no way replace the direct relationship between health professional and patient.
The food recommendations in the article are not intended as a substitute for a personalized meal plan and are to be adapted to specific cases.
- On 24 September 2021